Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Hurricanes

7PM ET

As much as this team has been streaky, and has had a couple of tiresome losing streaks in there, including the current one, they are still over hockey 500. Not only that, but they are still in a WC spot if the season were to end right now.

Interesting takeaways from Meltzer's blog:

Elliott to start again

Myers still up in spite of last game.

Farabee and Pitlick with Hayes. Voracek and JVR split to other lines. Not Hayes' problem anymore.

Haag might be in if Andreoff is in the doghouse still for that deflection own-goal.

Good move breaking up the vet line. Watch them have a big game separately

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post

Haag might be in if Andreoff is in the doghouse still for that deflection own-goal.
      Wow, I completely missed that this morning on potentially 7D/11F. Still unclear if it means any of the D takings shifts on forward lines.

Comment

Why was Hayes so evident in every game he played and then it just stopped ? Even when he wasnít scoring he was constantly making great possession plays and solid passing in the O zone. Aside from speed he looked like the perfect second line center with size and poise.

What changed? And why so many games with 4th liners? Pitlick doesnít seem like a good complimentary winger ...just like twar wasnít.

I also donít like seeing Voracek going to line one while JVR goes to line 4. I would rather see those guys remain on line 3 together and be forced to figure it out.

like others have said....sometimes you need multiple games to find chemistry.

I also think Lindblom and Konecny were developing something special....so why break them apart ?

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

My lines would be:

Lindblom/Frost/Konecny
          Giroux/Coots/Farabee
          Jvr/Hayes/Voracek
          Andreof/Raffl/Pitlick

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

I have Comcast, anyone else getting a crappy snowy feed? Other channels are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookah_McGirk View Post
              Why was Hayes so evident in every game he played and then it just stopped ? Even when he wasnít scoring he was constantly making great possession plays and solid passing in the O zone. Aside from speed he looked like the perfect second line center with size and poise.

What changed? And why so many games with 4th liners? Pitlick doesnít seem like a good complimentary winger ...just like twar wasnít.

I also donít like seeing Voracek going to line one while JVR goes to line 4. I would rather see those guys remain on line 3 together and be forced to figure it out.

like others have said....sometimes you need multiple games to find chemistry.

I also think Lindblom and Konecny were developing something special....so why break them apart ?
              I feel like Lindblom has chemistry with everyone!

We need atleast 2 scoring lines. Only couts line was scoring.

Hayes... injury or pressure. Also, teams defend better as the season wears on. He strikes me as a heady guy without foot speed or puck talent, so maybe he was just taking advantage of bad coverage. Would love to have a Rags fan to weigh in

Comment

For once we were the team overcoming the 2-0 deficit!

Frost has been all he's cracked up to be these first two games. Wow.

Comment

Loved how G shook his head a.little after the assist from Frost, as in how did he get that pass to me.

Comment

Frost lookin like a player! he got some sick mitts and faaaasst and he's solid enough on his skates!

Comment

Working...
                    X