Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Flames

1PM ET

Back at home after splitting two road games in the southeast. Probably not bad by recent standards.

Calgary has played three more games and are three points behind the Flyers. Only the last in the west Kings are below them in the Pacific. They give up a lot of goals. Time for the Flyers scorers to continue to gain confidence putting the puck in the net.

Laughton is back. Andreoff sent down. Patrick to LTIR.

One presumes Hart to start after Elliott was pretty human in the last game, even though he was good at the end.

This is one of those games where Flyers typically act as slump-bustrers for teams having a difficult time scoring goals and winning games. I'd love for these Flyers to find a way to pile on the Flames mystery and lay a solid beating on them.

Comment

Jordan Hall @JHallNBCS
      Ivan Provorov still game-time decision. Alain Vigneault would not say which defenseman comes out if Provorov plays, which sounds like he will.

Not sure about this one...
      Jordan Hall
      ‏ @JHallNBCS
      2m2 minutes ago
      Shayne Gostisbehere has been healthy scratched.
      Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 11-23-2019, 01:58 PM.
      Philadelphia Flyers #1
      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Hayes will have a big game with Laughton back.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
          This is one of those games where Flyers typically act as slump-bustrers for teams having a difficult time scoring goals and winning games. I'd love for these Flyers to find a way to pile on the Flames mystery and lay a solid beating on them.
          yup...kiss of death for this team

we are most definitely the slump breakers...I expect a loss today...plus it's a matinee...they suck a*s*s at matinee games

Comment

Privy.is in and Ghost is the scratch. Message being sent?
            Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Not being able to watch games except in the rarest of instances, I am really curious what has happened to Gostisbehere.

So, he was a one-dimensional dynamic-at-times offensive defenseman, PP and 3-on-3 scorer. 65pts in one season from the blueline.
              So what happened? I remember he butted heads with Hakstol; wasn't that some kind of "let me be me" core disagreement, that it maybe seemed in the end that he was right and Hakstol wrong(?) For 50+ points a season, I would tolerate only an otherwise regular 6D role, but where has the offense gone? (Aside from I know I saw he was off of PP1 for Provorov(?))

Comment

Ghost is the same guy imo....maybe.....gotta be confidence.... physically he hasnt changed...I don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
                  Not being able to watch games except in the rarest of instances, I am really curious what has happened to Gostisbehere.

So, he was a one-dimensional dynamic-at-times offensive defenseman, PP and 3-on-3 scorer. 65pts in one season from the blueline.
                  So what happened? I remember he butted heads with Hakstol; wasn't that some kind of "let me be me" core disagreement, that it maybe seemed in the end that he was right and Hakstol wrong(?) For 50+ points a season, I would tolerate only an otherwise regular 6D role, but where has the offense gone? (Aside from I know I saw he was off of PP1 for Provorov(?))
                  AV called him out on his lack of production as an offensive defenseman today explaining the scratch. Honestly Ghost is so 1 dimensional and weak on defense that I hope they trade him. We have other dmen that can actually play defense that can also score.

Comment

The only thing missing was a 3rd string goalie stealing the win. Well done boys...well done.

Comment

Working...
                    X