No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers @ Blue Jackets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's already done. They just need him to get better to allow for his value to bring back something of substance. I don't think he gets traded before the deadline...and would not be shocked if he only gets dealt prior to next draft.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

I cant see a reason to put him in at thia time. The defense has been solid the last few games. Honestly, I think Hakstol ruined Ghost and it sucks to say this but I think his days in Philly are numbered. Does he even have trade value at this point?
      As with most athletes, confidence is a big issue with Ghost. I would not say Hakstol ruined Ghost, but we are seeing the limited depth to Ghost’s game. He is a purely offensive defenseman and he is a liability on defense. His 5’10”, 170 lb size is an issue and he is not strong enough to clear the front of the net or use physicality in the corners...his overall decision making is very questionable, as well. His game is what it is and the rest of the league knows this. He is in the press box because his style of play is clearly not what AV feels is best for the team and I can not say I disagree with the coach! Haag has re-entered the lineup and is hitting everything in sight and playing a physical style that is lacking on the back end.

Ghost has value to a team looking for a purely offensive d-man and willing to accept his defensive flaws...IMHO, JJ Redick comes to mind!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        I think he's already done. They just need him to get better to allow for his value to bring back something of substance. I don't think he gets traded before the deadline...and would not be shocked if he only gets dealt prior to next draft.
        Just think about it, the Flyers have 2 players tying up $11.5 million of cap space...the BIG problem is one is a healthy scratch in the press box and the other is playing on the 4th line!

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

I cant see a reason to put him in at thia time. The defense has been solid the last few games. Honestly, I think Hakstol ruined Ghost and it sucks to say this but I think his days in Philly are numbered. Does he even have trade value at this point?
          You’re right about the defense right now. There in is the problem; with this club, at best Ghost is a highly paid third pairing guy with some PP ability. With the defensive talent on the club and in the system, barring an injury, SG probably will never be in the top four again.
          Ghost has value. On many teams he’d be in the second pairing with PP opportunities. I could see an upbeat offensive team, like the Leafs, using and getting a lot out of him in a role like Krug has with the Bruins. He has a fair contract with good term left on it for a club that would obtain him. I’d venture that teams already have called Fletcher about Ghost. Hopefully he’ll hold tight and get good return in a trade.
          "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Working...
          X