If...Ghost gets dealt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If...Ghost gets dealt

What would you like/expect as a return. Factoring in the cap and his salary, team needs, what be brings to the table etc.

Not saying he will be. But if he is I’m curious what the return would be.

Pulujarvi and a pick from Edmonton?

Part of a bigger trade for Johnny Hockey out of Calgary?

Package him up with Jake?
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Something to note: with Morin gone for the season, Gostisbehere is the 7th D, so if a D wouldn't come back in any trade, then the NHL roster is one extended injury from Friedman (might not be bad for a handful of games, but forbid, TJ Brennan) being a regular in the top-6.

* edit * oh, and I think I would take a chance on Puljujärvi if the price was right ... when is his deadline to get out of his contract with Kärpät this season?

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

Was thinking the other day about Calgary. Especially with their problems scoring. Maybe they’d be interested in Ghost? I’d really like Hamonic in Philly. So something around those 2 would interest me.

imagine
        Provy-Niskanen
        Sanheim-Hamonic
        Myers-Braun
        Hagg

pretty sweet D.

Maybe you can shed some light on the rumours Calgary is looking to deal Hamonic? And I haven’t seen him
        play lately. But always thought of him as a strong 2 way guy, maybe more defensive but not a complete void offensively.

Comment

much rather wait for him to get his game back in order so we can trade him for what he’s worth

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
            much rather wait for him to get his game back in order so we can trade him for what he’s worth
            Ya. Ideally. If he gets it back in order. Or maybe he’s just what he is now? Hard to say.

in a perfect world...mine anyway .

I trade JVR for a D like Hamonic. Think a guy like him would just complete the D and make it strong on all 3 pairs
            Then trade Ghost for a forward who has some snipe and speed. Or maybe to Columbus for a guy like Anderson.

Im thinking AV and staff have had enough time to get an idea of who they like/don’t like and probably have some ideas on what they’d like to do to get the roster where they want it.

Going to be interesting to see what shakes out.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              Might never happen. He's been playing this way for two seasons now.

Comment

As far as return, I'd look for a top 4 dman on a short or expiring contract so we can push Braun down to the 3rd pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post

Might never happen. He's been playing this way for two seasons now.
                  Agreed, Ghost is what he is...teams know he is an offensive guy, so teams that need that element, while willing to sacrifice his defensive liabilities, will be interested...the price will not get much higher for him if they waited for him to get things going again...his high ceiling was when he first came on the scene a few years ago and took everyone by surprise.

It’s time to move on from Ghost!

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

Jake’s deal is at about $8.25M per for several more seasons. Ghost’s is $4.5M for three more years after this one. It would be almost impossible to get a club to take on a tad less than $13M for a long term in a trade. They probably would get moved in different deals if they were traded at all. Today’s game should be a clue on SG’s future with the team. If he sits out today, I’’d think that he is a goner. If he sits today and tomorrow, he definitely is out of here.
                    "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Working...
                    X