No announcement yet.

If...Ghost gets dealt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost and a 1st for Johnny Hockey? Cap would be an issue throw in Patty?

Comment

No. Ghost and ??? For Johnny and ???. It would be a complicated trade due to the cap and the positions involved in the deal. The Flyers might like a cheap defenseman coming back and the Flames might want a forward to replace Gaudreau.
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Gost is damaged goods right now. The Flyers would be selling low. He's not going to bring back a player like Gaudrea unless other significant pieces are added which would then just create more holes in th4 line up.

You really need to look at other "damaged goods" for a good trade partner.

Comment

Ghost has run into a tough situation here. There are two vets on the roster that play much better defense than him. Additionally there are several young defensemen in Provorov, Sanheim and Myers that can play equal to if not better than he does. I wouldn't call Ghost "damaged goods". Rather a player who was surpassed by others. Most of his skills are still there but they're not as valued here as they once were due to the ability of the rest of the defensive corps.
          He could be in the top four of quite a few teams in the League. He knows that and it probably causes him frustration. I'd bet that his agent has told Fletcher that he wants to be traded. That probably will happen at the right time and price for the Flyers.
          "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by polar bear View Post

Was thinking the other day about Calgary. Especially with their problems scoring. Maybe theyíd be interested in Ghost? Iíd really like Hamonic in Philly. So something around those 2 would interest me.

imagine
            Provy-Niskanen
            Sanheim-Hamonic
            Myers-Braun
            Hagg

pretty sweet D.

Maybe you can shed some light on the rumours Calgary is looking to deal Hamonic? And I havenít seen him
            play lately. But always thought of him as a strong 2 way guy, maybe more defensive but not a complete void offensively.
            Hamonic wants to be close to home in western Canada I believe. Ghost and Jake for Johnny hockey and?
            Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
              Ghost has run into a tough situation here. There are two vets on the roster that play much better defense than him. Additionally there are several young defensemen in Provorov, Sanheim and Myers that can play equal to if not better than he does. I wouldn't call Ghost "damaged goods". Rather a player who was surpassed by others. Most of his skills are still there but they're not as valued here as they once were due to the ability of the rest of the defensive corps.
              He could be in the top four of quite a few teams in the League. He knows that and it probably causes him frustration. I'd bet that his agent has told Fletcher that he wants to be traded. That probably will happen at the right time and price for the Flyers.
              in that flyers camp documentary ghost said he and his girl wanna stay and "its up to me to make sure that happens", i.e. he needs to play better to secure his spot.

Comment

Ghost looked pretty good tonight, very present. His defense really isn't that bad, i think he's atleast passable. His lack of speed keeps him from being a real offensive threat tho.

Anyway he's worth the contract, but we have so many other D. I think you wait for the right deal for a top scorer and trade one Sanheim/Myers/Ghost, with the expansion draft in mind. Fletcher can afford to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

Hamonic wants to be close to home in western Canada I believe. Ghost and Jake for Johnny hockey and?
                  Maybe Jankowski? Be a nice add to the bottom 6, give the Flyers a big 4C.

Not sure if that works cap wise.

and Iíd probably like Philly to make another small move to add a bottom pairing D so Hagg isnít cemented in the top 6 Shame Morin didnít pan out. Morin Myers as a 3rd pair....yes please!!!

Comment

Ghost rumor to Habs..but they have nothing we want really

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                      Ghost rumor to Habs..but they have nothing we want really

https://puckprose.com/2019/12/04/nhl...-gostisbehere/

Byron and Drouin mentioned as possible targets

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X