No announcement yet.

Farabee Gets 3 Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AV seems to be wondering how the NHL got to 3 games as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ame-suspension

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      AV seems to be wondering how the NHL got to 3 games as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ame-suspension
      That is absolutely spot on. Nice to see AV step up and tell it like it is! If they had called that cross-check in the first place (and it was quite blatant), Farabee probably doesn't get pissed off and hit the first thing he sees. The comparison to the hit on Konecny is great, though he did leave out that Farabee made no contact to the head while Konecny was definitely hit in the noggin.
      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

watched those hits again, no way the hit on TK was 1.03s after TK was hit in the noggin with boro's noggin... does that count as "principal point of contact"?

this is similar to voracek 2 game suspension.

however yea, pretty strange when the DOPS video says "he hit an unsuspecting player without the puck, so its a suspension" when on the same clip farabee gets leveled without the puck. even if he HAD the puck it should have been a penalty. basically penalty + injury = suspension.

i wonder if that fight with foligno shook him up a bit. that seemed uncharacteristic.

Comment

Good to see someone in the Flyers organization finally having the guts to call out the NHL. I'm liking AV more every day

Comment

In the midst of Meltzer's game day tweet barrage, there was a digression about Farabee and the hit. It has been noted that teams are getting physical with him to take him off his game, and the fight and this hit are Farabee making some space for himself. Not without consequences though...

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
              In the midst of Meltzer's game day tweet barrage, there was a digression about Farabee and the hit. It has been noted that teams are getting physical with him to take him off his game, and the fight and this hit are Farabee making some space for himself. Not without consequences though...
              Fine. If Farabee is going to get reamed for making space for himself, then the players who are getting physical in order to take him off of his game need to get called when they cheap shot Farabee.
              "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Good for him. 3 games well spent. Put some dusters on notice.

Comment

okay so that was cumulative frustration over being pushed around by grown men. that makes sense to me.

------

Scout noted that he'd seen a lot of teams targeting Farabee and "knocking him around pretty good"; so he felt that Farabee giving it back, albeit illegally in that instance, might put a stop to some of it.

Earlier, same NHL scout said that Farabee deserved a suspension for the severe lateness of the hit, but not 3 games. Said if Perrault had the puck, it's a legal hit despite the unfortunate outcome (i.e. injury).

Paraphrasing here: Scout said that Farabee showing he won't let himself get manhandled without a response will get him a little more space from opponents because everyone has seen he can deliver a pretty fearsome hit. Just has to make sure his check has the puck at the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X