Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Golden Knights

10PM ET

The 50 point in 43 games VGK are in first in the Pacific.
    The 49 point in 40 games Flyers are in fifth in the Metro.

Posting up the GDT early for this one as I'll be flying to the game mid-day and I'll be busy getting ready at normal post time!

Just to make that more absurd, the last in the Pacific Kings just scored four goals against the Flyers in less than 18 minutes to start their game on Tuesday. Did the Flyers get caught looking past them to a much tougher batch of opponents? It seems likely.

When Vegas got an expansion team, it seemed like it would be a great draw for out of town fans. Come to a very tourist oriented place, party it up, and see your favorite team whup on the local expansion team, probably for cheap. Then the expansion draft happened and they made the cup final in their first season.

It's taken a while but I'm finally going to test the theory. A coworker signed up for season tickets from day one. He's offered me one of his seats, so I hope he'll at least let me pay for dinner before the game. My sources inform me they've got good prime rib at the arena. Not sure where we are sitting, and I haven't even decided if I am going to wear orange and black yet. Ugly sweater is in strong consideration right now

Something tells me I won't be out as late after the game as I was the last time visiting Vegas. Never been there in the winter before. In anything close to summertime you can be comfortable walking around outside at 3:00 AM in shorts and a t-shirt. Early January? Not so much.

We'll see what kind of trouble one can get into when it's near freezing.

Hart to start, one presumes.

Myers back in, to pair w/ Sanheim. Ghost practiced with Braun. Would really like to know what the deal with Myers really is.

For this one we hope for, better effort from the start, no uncharacteristically selfish penalties from Laughton, and a goalie who is ready to steal a game. At least we don't have to worry about former-Flyer Bellemare against Vegas anymore.

I was at the Flyers first game they played in Vegas. I purchased resale tickets first day they were available and got a great deal. Not any more. T-Mobile Arena was so loud. It's a Vegas show that happens to have a hockey game as part of the entertainment. That first game at least 30% were Flyers fans. I was told that was "normal" for most games. Some games (Blackhawks I think it was) were 50%.
    Last edited by Flyers Fan In Phoenix; 01-02-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

yeah it think they are banking on that....i suspect you will see a large contingent of out of town fans in LV for a vacation who just happen to schedule it to coincide with a game...same thing happens in Florida

Comment

It’s a loud building, that’s for sure.

The first couple of shifts looked like they showed up. They got the first goal and I was feeling good.

Then somehow they’d given up four goals in the first eighteen minutes again and I was having flashbacks to many disappointments as a Flyers fan in the arena in San Jose.

I was trying to keep a running list of who was good and bad as things progressed. It’s easier in person than watching on tv but I still kept getting swept up in it and could bitch about G and Jake turning pucks over in the neutral zone, but I think there was widespread blame for not keeping the gap
        on their checks that undid them in this one.

All said I don’t think I can complain too much about a 5-4 final with a lengthy six on three near the end. When does that ever happen?

My coworker was cracking me up. He’s convinced the officials are biased against the Knights (since their first year) and single handedly started the “refs you suck” chant after the penalty that put Vegas down to three men at the end. The fans were having fun for sure.

Looking forward to a return to some Ws by my Flyers soon.

Comment

I think AV made a mistake with the guys he had on the ice at the end (6 on 3)...when Ghost is on the ice, it's like he needs to be the center point of the offense. IMO he should have just allowed Jake or Hayes to be on the ice and had the offense run from G to the crease. If you need a shot, allow Provorov to take the lead.

Anyways, while I am a little concerned with the way we have been falling behind early the last few games (and the somewhat unhinged PK that we have seen all of a sudden), it's really weird that I feel confident that this team will bounce back. I think this is the AV effect (AKA the post-Hak effect).

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            I think AV made a mistake with the guys he had on the ice at the end (6 on 3)...when Ghost is on the ice, it's like he needs to be the center point of the offense. IMO he should have just allowed Jake or Hayes to be on the ice and had the offense run from G to the crease. If you need a shot, allow Provorov to take the lead.

Anyways, while I am a little concerned with the way we have been falling behind early the last few games (and the somewhat unhinged PK that we have seen all of a sudden), it's really weird that I feel confident that this team will bounce back. I think this is the AV effect (AKA the post-Hak effect).
            Yeah I kind of agree with this. Ghost doesn't produce the same results he used to when he QB'ed the PP. I think having the unit be more dynamic and move the puck back and forth from each side creates more looks. When Ghost is out there teams know to focus on him and can disrupt the play pretty easily now.

Comment

Saw a trivia point. The Flyers were one of 2 teams that had not lost in Vegas. Which team is left?

Comment

Detroit, as per the Philly broadcast last night.

Comment

Yup. Didnt hear that.

Comment

Working...
                  X