No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers @ Coyotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, a few streaky players were pretty hot for a while contributing to a bunch of wins, and have now gone quite cold for a few games (see, e.g., Hayes and van Riemsdyk). Some few other players haven't exactly had much impact following return from injury (Raffl, Laughton).

This roster still seems pretty thin and susceptible to cold streaks and injuries (with fully healthy seasons from Patrick and Lindblom, likely Frost, Farabee, Vorobyev, Andreoff all see a lot less GP and icetime -- Fletcher talked about a regular up'n'down pipeline from Lehigh this year, but there have ended up being a lot of extended "up"s that probably weren't anticipated)

Comment

I definitely think that Frost should have stayed up for the reason I mentioned..kid can fly..and even that is enough to create chances sometimes, even if he was not scoring...the only speed guy we really have right now is TK...against Vegas and Phoenix they once again looked like they simply couldn't keep up

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
        Soon after the hiring of a new GM, a new coach comes in bringing in a different system of play. Common sense would be to see who that is on the roster can fit in it before trading out some players. Half of a season in, its becoming obvious that there are a few players who can't work out. Its time to cull the herd.
        Players talk with their agents. I think that there are a few guys on the team right now that know that their time in the organization is over. It just a matter of when and where are they going.
        Please start with Ghost.

Comment

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/12/b...l-news-2019-2/

Bogosian requested a trade....do it....

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

Please start with Ghost.
            There is a group of fans who are all over Hagg for his play. He isnít an AS but he also isnít a turnover machine who is getting beat repeatedly defensively. I can live with Hagg in the bottom pairing and Friedman called up from LV as the seventh defenseman. Ghost isnít a bum but his talents would do better somewhere else.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

yes, at this point for the sake of Hart...who, hopefully, will be far more valuable than Ghost in the future...we should move Ghost for a reliable, steady D-Man who "settles everything down"..like Desjardins used to....

Hart needs to be protected so that he can flourish...we need that steady dependable D-Man and if Ghost brings that in a trade...do it

Comment

Looks like they are going back to the kind of lines they were winning with before the Christmas break. Konecny back on the top line and Voracek down to the third. NAK with Hayes on the second line. Looks like most of the lines** will have two vets and one complementary young energy guy. Fourth line the exception, with both Vorobyev and Farabee.

Braun is injured and will be out for a while. Should be interesting to test peoples' theories about him or Hagg being more of a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post

There is a group of fans who are all over Hagg for his play. He isnít an AS but he also isnít a turnover machine who is getting beat repeatedly defensively. I can live with Hagg in the bottom pairing and Friedman called up from LV as the seventh defenseman. Ghost isnít a bum but his talents would do better somewhere else.
                  Absolutely. I would rather see Haag in the lineup any night over Ghost. Ghost is a defensive disaster. I dont know who they could get in return for him? I saw Bogosian suggested but dont see any upside to adding him. They do not need a superstar dman, they need a steady guy who can protect the front of the net and move the puck out of the zone. I wouldnt mind a guy who can instill some fear in others in front of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
                    Looks like they are going back to the kind of lines they were winning with before the Christmas break. Konecny back on the top line and Voracek down to the third. NAK with Hayes on the second line. Looks like most of the lines** will have two vets and one complementary young energy guy. Fourth line the exception, with both Vorobyev and Farabee.
                    I am not understanding why Vorobyev is still up with the team. I also don't get why Frost was sent down. I understand he wasn't putting up big stats, but was he that bad in his own zone? I didn't see that. I also feel that his skills being removed from the lineup have forced some of the mismatches we were seeing for the Hayes/JVR line disappearing.

If Frost was still up, i'd be pushing for the following:

G - Frost - TK
                    Farabee - Couts - Jake
                    JVR - Hayes - Laughton
                    Pitlick - Raffl - NAK

Oh BTW...enough with NAK on the PP. I love the energy the kid brings...but please get your skilled guys out there. PLEASE!!!

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
                    Braun is injured and will be out for a while. Should be interesting to test peoples' theories about him or Hagg being more of a liability.
                    Exactly...looking forward to seeing how the team's defence and PK are impacted by Braun's absence. I know the guy is a big time minus player and doesn't look to be effective when the puck is on his stick...but he plays a role that is difficult to play and his impact isn't visible on stat sheets.

Comment

Working...
                    X