No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers @ Hurricanes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost tried to make a cut with about 10 seconds left in regulation in this game and came up lame. He held position until the clock ran out then labored off the ice.

They just announced he's having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and will miss three weeks. That's pretty dang quick for surgical recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post

They just announced he's having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and will miss three weeks. That's pretty dang quick for surgical recovery.
      “Arthroscopic surgery” is seemingly too generic of a term anymore ... a friend of mine had his knee “‘scoped” a couple years ago and really they just removed some debris (really small bone chips and old torn tissue pieces) so that a sprain from a sledding accident could fully heal. I took him to/from hospital and he walked out after discharge and climbed into my pick-up truck and was back at work the next day with just an Ace wrapping for about a week.

Comment

Kase called up
        "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

If it is just debris, then you can recover quickly, even walking with cane right away.

Comment

Watching Uconn women vs Baylor. They just mentioned a Baylor player playing, who had knee surgery 12/15. That is short of 4 weeks.

Comment

When I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder to “fix” some partial tears in the rotator labrum, mostly what the orthopaedic surgeon did was remove scar damage & debris so that my joint could then heal itself ... as the Dr. basically explained to me: “short of a full tear, mostly we don’t actually repair anything, we just allow the body to repair itself by improving the situation/environment.” I only have two 1/2 inch little scars from it.

Compare that to poor Tim Kerr having something like 4 surgeries on the same shoulder in something like 2.5 years in the ‘80s where, just to get into the shoulder joint, back then they had to basically cut his shoulder wide open.

Comment

Knee meniscus removed 78, full open cut, arthoscopic bone spurs 92, and Acl replacement with donor ligament 97, full knee replacement 19. The easiest was the Acl. Walking in 2 weeks, playing softball with brace in 8 weeks. Every person and surgery is different. But a pro athlete can come back in a few weeks if it is just a clean out.

Comment

My worst was surgery to remove hopelessly destroyed nerves from my right foot (too many years in tight hockey boots; and I still need my left foot done).

The nerves are at the bottom of the foot, but it’s extremely difficult/near impossible to heal an incision to the sole, so they fully open up the foot from the top down. I still have an about 3.5” scar on the top of my foot.

I was fully laid up for one week just trying to get swelling down for follow-up imaging; on crutches for three weeks at least; almost three weeks before I could put on even the loosest softest sock (I really did wear knit hockey stocking as a foot sock!), and still trying to recover in just walking around over 10 weeks later. (Hence why I’ve been delaying the left foot for so long now) All because of not the exact procedure itself, but the invasive destruction to facilitate the procedure.

Comment

Working...
                  X