X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Capitals

7:30 PM ET

That road trip seemed to last forever.

Now we see if home cures what ails the Flyers. They put up a good effort against the Caps when they last played, but they had been playing well leading into that game. Now they are just sort of fighting their way back into playing a full, decent game.

It cannot be overstated that Hart needs to bring his A game tonight. The Flyers have been putting the puck in the net of late, they just need to not give up an easy goal or two per game.

Hayes and JVR have been pretty quiet in the latter half of this slump. If something could fire them up too that would help.

Friedman recalled. I would like for him to get a chance to jump in at some point (tonight might not be the RIGHT time).

Again...let me restate what i mentioned in a previous GDT thread...Frost needs to be up and Vorobyev down....and Frost needs to be used with G and TK to allow for Hayes to play in the 3C role, allowing for a mismatch. I really am perplexed with what Vorobyev has shown to deserve this extended stay with the Flyers. He is NOT an NHL talent.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      Friedman recalled. I would like for him to get a chance to jump in at some point (tonight might not be the RIGHT time).

Again...let me restate what i mentioned in a previous GDT thread...Frost needs to be up and Vorobyev down....and Frost needs to be used with G and TK to allow for Hayes to play in the 3C role, allowing for a mismatch. I really am perplexed with what Vorobyev has shown to deserve this extended stay with the Flyers. He is NOT an NHL talent.
      Agree get Vorobyev out of the lineup.

Comment

Well...Friedman is in the lineup...Ghost out with a knee injury.

Have a weird feeling the Caps will make a statement tonight.

Comment

JVR might be the biggest mistake we've made in a long time. Such a soft player for that frame. At least Hayes will pay dividends in the playoffs. I wasnt really thrilled when we made the signing, don't really think its going to get better either. Just not a player.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I cant remember ever seeing Couts chirping at the refs such as he is tonight. He is definitely frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
              Have a weird feeling the Caps will make a statement tonight.
              Very glad to be wrong.

Comment

Phew. They didn't give up more breakdowns than the forced on the Caps.

Hart coulda been better in the first, but he was good enough overall to get the win.

Hayes woke up. It meant something for the outcome.

Things that really pop out of a one goal game's box score:

Ovechkin -2
                Backstrom -2
                Provorov +2
                Niskanen +2
                Laughton +2

Just about everyone else - 0

Good start to a homestand. This team has a chance to forge a real identity with the schedule ahead of them for the rest of the month.

Comment

Coots played with snarl tonight.

Comment

The home/road difference is baffling. I mean I know you're not gonna win every road game but they look like completely different teams.

Comment

Working...
                    X