GDT: Flyers vs Bruins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
    Its more than JVR. Voracek and Giroux, the "veteran leaders" aren't pulling their weight. We can expect inconsistent or even bad play on occasion from the young guys. Its what inexperience causes. The guys that have been around for a while have no excuse unless they're injured or sick. If they were playing up to their expected norms, the Flyers would be much higher in the standings.
    I honestly thought Jake has looked really good of late. He is skating well and making smart passes.

Comment

Yeah but he's Jake...just wait a while....

Comment

When Jake moves his feet he's ok....When he coasts or standards brutal....true of most players but really notable regarding Jake

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
          They need an upgrade on defense. So many goals given up in the money areas. I think they need to make a move to make the playoffs. Haven't heard anything about Patrick, at this point shut him down this year.
          Chuck Fletcher met with the media today for his mid-season presser...he reiterated that he expects Patrick to play this season (not much more than that coming out regarding Patrick...which makes me think he ain't coming back this season).

As per Fletcher, Patrick has been skating and is skating harder, getting his heart-rate up higher and feeling better. He has not been cleared for contact. He is progressing as per the on and off-ice forecast.
          Last edited by lynchmob450; 01-14-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
            When Jake moves his feet he's ok....When he coasts or standards brutal....true of most players but really notable regarding Jake
            The Jake that moves his feet, I call "Jake Vorabackchek"

He's been sighted a bit more regularly lately.

Comment

One thing to note, both giroux and voracek had kids in the offseason. Could be related to their poor first halves.

Comment

Interesting point. Sleep is a tough the first few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

I honestly thought Jake has looked really good of late. He is skating well and making smart passes.
                  And G is good to great most nights. I don't get the hate he still gets. Best face-off guy in the league too. And despite having inconsistent line-mates he'll likely end up closer to a PPG by the end of the season. He's not the problem.

On the terrible road trip, G and Coots (and maybe Jake, or maybe TK) were the only positive +/- players on the team. They were also responsible for half of the goals during the road trip while the rest of the lineup accounted for the rest.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                    One thing to note, both giroux and voracek had kids in the offseason. Could be related to their poor first halves.
                    well that would do it..nothing kills a career like a kid will

Comment

Working...
                    X