Carter Hart Out 2-3 Weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter Hart Out 2-3 Weeks

Carter Hart left practice early, per Ggogle news. AV says it is something lower body. Lovely.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Lyon traveling to St. Louis. I hope they are just covering their butts and it isn't because they already think Hart will be missing games.

As long as it is something relatively minor though, there's only one back to back before the All Star break, and he'd have like two and a half weeks before they'd really need two starting goalies.

Comment

Whatever the issue, Elliott was going to start against the Blues. If they need to use Lyon against the Habs, they should be able to do so while winning that game.

Allow Hart to get healthy.

Comment

Paper says Lyon being flown out as a precaution, but unless Hart is 100%, sit him.

Comment

Bad news.

Philadelphia Flyers
            (@NHLFlyers)

Roster update: • Carter Hart will miss 2-3 weeks (right lower abdominal strain) • Alex Lyon has been recalled under emergency conditions from the @LVPhantoms. • Joel Farabee has been loaned to @LVPhantoms & Chris Stewart has been placed on waivers. bit.ly/388APmj
            Twitter · 4 mins ago

They had to make moves to fit Lyon under the cap. I'm not sure if the Farabee loan is a "paper" move or if he is now off the Flyers' roster for the time being. Waiving Stewart...it's about time. He's useless as a player. If he's good for the room, let him retire and be an associate coach or something.

The Philadelphia injury bug has been ridiculous this year between all of our major teams! Ugh.
            Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Never mind my comment on Stewart -- he'll be in the lineup instead of Farabee. The pinball effect of this injury is rough. Per Bill Meltzer:

In order to create emergency roster space, the Flyers have assigned winger Joel Farabee to the AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms, and recalled goaltender Alex Lyon.

With Carter Hart (lower-body injury) unavailable to back up Brian Elliott in St. Louis, the Flyers had three options available:

1) Place Justin Braun or Shayne Gostisbehere on long-term injured reserve; which would delay their eligible date to return to the lineup.

2) Assign an ELC defenseman -- Mark Friedman or Phil Myers -- to the Phantoms, and dress 13 forwards and five defensemen against the Blues.

3) Assign Connor Bunnaman to the Phantoms. This would have entailed moving Michael Raffl back to center (rather than left wing on Sean Couturier's line) and juggling two or three forward line combinations accordingly.

4) Assign Farabee to the Phantoms. This necessitates only one lineup change. Chris Stewart (who would have dressed, anyway, under any scenario but the first) will be in the lineup in place of Farabee on the fourth line. All other line combinations can remain the same.

Chuck Fletcher is slated to address Hart's medical status with a forthcoming update.
              Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

So I'm worried about this injury. If they had said he tweaked a groin or something that would be one thing but I get nervous any time I hear "abdominal strain"...

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                  So I'm worried about this injury. If they had said he tweaked a groin or something that would be one thing but I get nervous any time I hear "abdominal strain"...
                  “right” and “lower” makes me think more like a hip flexor-vicinity.

Comment

Working...
                  X