Would you...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you...

...trade Ghost (when he comes back from his injury) to Vegas for Reeves and a pick?

I know we all would like Ghost to get back to form, but i am starting to think that this won't happen in O&B. Making this deal allows us to focus in on acquiring a better 3rd pairing dman, allows us to step away from Stewart and puts a permanent heavy into our lineup, perfect for facing teams like the Caps and Bruins.

Contract Situations:

Ghost - $4.5M cap until 2022-23
    Reeves - $2.75M (UFA at the end of the season...so we NEED to resign him for this to make sense)

The pick:

Vegas has their first round, 3 second round (Vegas, Pens, Stars) and 2 third round (Vegas, Devils) selections in the 2020 draft. I'd look to get their 2nd round pick in this deal.

Just want to mention...the Vegas 2020 picks might not be accurate. Apologies if i am mistaken.

Comment

hell no!

i'd rather bet on ghost to rebound.

Comment

I can’t speak to the value for Gostisbehere without a clearer idea of the return, including whether Vegas would allow extension negation prior to finalizing any deal and what an extension number might be.

While I would like to see a Gostisbehere rebound as well ... but, though also I think that he is on a cap-friendly deal provided he can bounce back, ... ... this team now seems to be back in, or approaching, cap-hell AND with a number of young player coming up for increases in the next couple of season. And the big-3 candidates I see not justifying their hits with their roles are JVR, Voracek, and Gostisbehere.

Additionally, Lehigh’s abyssmal performance this year shows how thin the prospect pool has become with a bunch of graduations to the NHL so, especially with this year supposed to be an outstanding talent&depth draft, it would be a good time for some re-stock of the pipeline.

Comment

Trade him maybe, but for more than a rental in a building year.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
            hell no!

i'd rather bet on ghost to rebound.
            That ship has sailed in Philly unfortunately. I would be ok with this trade.

Comment

Would you trade ghost for Austin Matthews?

Comment

Originally posted by salzy View Post
                Would you trade ghost for Austin Matthews?
                I'm assuming you're being a dick here...so I'll say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

I'm assuming you're being a dick here...so I'll say yes.
                  Sounds like you say yes to dick alot...lol

Sorry its just sitting there....waiting...

Comment

Oh boy.

(You forgot to end with "not that it matters...")

Comment

Working...
                    X