No announcement yet.

Ten days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone cares, great Wings game. Home team won 13 to 6, and have only given up 10 goals in the last 2 games. 3 and oh at home this year. Next week I hope the pens game is on replay when get home from the next wings game. ​​​

Comment

Watched Slap Shot again last night.

How do I always forget the dialogue in that movie is 46% profanity?

Interesting time to watch it. Newman was 52 years old when it showed in theaters. Same as me now. Jennifer Warren, who played his wife in the movie, was only 36. She didn't look like it.

Wooden sticks and low or no glass around the rinks. Stone age!

A 400 cubic inch Pontiac GTO was a good way to get around in the stone age though. The car used in the movie not surprisingly became a collector's item. The history of it is online. The original engine didn't last very long.

Comment

I remember a quote from Newman once that he hardly used any profanity in real life until after making Slap Shot and then he couldn’t notice/control himself with swearing.

And with my viewing now I always notice the really lite/small/minimal elbow & shoulder pads from the era.

Comment

I was catching up today on some thorough prospects reports by Meltzer on the Flyers website, with Flahr providing management opinion details on each player.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
            I was catching up today on some thorough prospects reports by Meltzer on the Flyers website, with Flahr providing management opinion details on each player.
            I did the same, but through The Athletic...Charlie O'Connor did his top 20 prospect ranking and then had Flahr provide his thoughts on the kids.

Personally, i was happy to read that Flahr's approach is to allow the kids to get to the NHL when they are truly ready, physically and skill wise. The one under the radar kid I am really looking forward to is Noah Cates. He might be a diamond in the rough (or is it ruff?).

Comment

Hanrahan's wife had fantastic breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                Hanrahan's wife had fantastic breasts.
                You think? Something always seemed slightly off with them to me ... but maybe it was a result of the odd half-slouched/hunched position leaning up against the headboard.

But I hear she’s a fantastic gal. Fantastic!

Comment

Slap Shot 2 on the other hand, which I watched last night, had little redeeming quality to it. If anything, the repeated attempts at including nostalgia about the first movie only seemed to cheapen the original rather than make the sequel better.

Comment

Slap Shot 3. Can I say something nice about it?

It has the second best sound track of the three movies. How about that.

One hopes they are done with reviving this franchise.

Anyone know what the in-joke was with Messier and the potato chips with the Hansons?
                    Last edited by dogzus; 01-30-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I haven't watched Slap Shot 3 but could the joke be in reference to this commercial he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-YMqnzlcHk

Comment

Working...
                      X