OT - RIP Kobe Bryant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - RIP Kobe Bryant

It's been a few hours since I learnt about Kobe's death. Its mind blowing to hear news like this. Way too young...and way too unfair. I can't imagine how his wife and surviving daughters are handling the loss of Kobe and their eldest daughter/sister.

I had just read a Tweet from Kobe last night congratulating Lebron for passing him to become the third highest scorer of all time in the NBA. The tweet was simple and very respectful and made me think how cool a guy he must be to be cheering others pass him. And hours later I am hearing he had died. What a cruel world we live in.

RIP to an all-time of all sports.

Class athlete, he would have been the most popular Philly player ever if he had played here.

Comment

Very sad.

Comment

was shocking at the very least to hear...just..tragic that sounds like from reports..could have been avoided

Comment

Shocking, tragic, sad...what a horrible way to go as well. Makes it even worse that there were children involved.
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Well, "terrible way to.go"........when it is my time I hope it is as aparently quick as in this case.

Been a.real tough weekend. A 25 kid from church just died Sun from a long battle with leukemia. I visited someone who I really respect who is in the latter throes of Alzheimers, the guy was.still playing softball and serving on a church board in his.70s. Now he barely recognizes family. I went to a funeral on Sat for a Vet who spent.the last 20 years of his life blind and in a wheelchair. Soooooo I come to work today to find the news that someone my age also passed away suddenly. I know she had some health issues, but just the usual type stuff.

Comment

That's awful, Swami. A lot of sad events in a single weekend. Geez.

When I said terrible way to go, I was referring to the horror of the moments as it happened. It probably was a good 30 seconds to a minute of terror as they knew they were crashing. Sure it was fast in the grand scheme of things, but that last minute of life was a nightmare.
              Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Working...
              X