No announcement yet.

All-time Flyers 3 on 3 lineup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ganga would thrive in 3 on 3, imo. Amazing skater with tremendous skill and a great shot.

Comment

Propp and Barber deserve more love. MacLeish deserves some love. How many Flyers have 50/50 seasons?

Comment

From what I remember, MacLeish could fly. How about Reggie Leach. I know he had a bullet. I can't remember how his skating skills were. Assuming he lacked a little desire to play a 200ft game (I believe MacLeish also wasn't known for his back-checking abilities).

Comment

There are a number of stars that I didn’t go with just for the limited spots. 50 goals scorers I didn’t include (Kerr, as explained, and LeClair for basically the same reasoning). I also didn’t have the historic clutch playoff players Propp and Briere, nor the playoff OT heroes who have goals permanently etched in my mind (Primeau, Roenick). So many great players to consider, but simply don’t crack my situational top-3.

It would take more scrutiny to put together also, beyond just a single top-3 unit, a group of three to four 3 on 3 lines to roll throughout like Swami did. That could really go into depth considerations for two-way players as well. For example, would a Bill Clement or Mike Richards be among your “4th line” three-man unit for defensive zone draws against an opponent’s stacked “top line” (e.g. a McDavid-Draisaitl pairing). Maybe the older Jagr still cracks that line-up on its third line because he’s still Jaromir f****ng Jagr.

Comment

Clarke, Leach and Howe. Leach may be the best pure sniper that the organization has ever had. His chemistry with Clarke was uncanny. Howe could easily work with that pair as the third wheel.
            Last edited by flyers19rw; 01-29-2020, 09:37 PM.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

MacLeish could fly, and score, and setup. IMHO, he'd be a superior choice to Lindros for 3v3,

Propp was much more than a clutch playoff player. He has several of the top goal regular seasons and was indeed clutch like Briere come playoff time.

And as much as I loved Leach, Barber would be a much better choice for 3v3

Clarke - Barber - Howe seems the obvious choice
              MacLeish - Propp - Provorov would be slick and deadly

Comment

Lindros, Roenick, Pronger
                Gagne, Desjardins, Kapanen
                Recchi,Giroux,Provorov
                Jagr,Forsberg,Johnsson
                Last edited by flyerdog; 01-30-2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Considering his skillset, Briere should not be overlooked.

Comment

Howe / Lindros/ Barber- 1st team.

Desjardans/ Clarke / Propp-2nd team.

Comment

and great idea for a discussion while we waited for hockey to resume, lynchmob!

Comment

Working...
                      X