X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynchmob450
    started a topic All-time Flyers 3 on 3 lineup

All-time Flyers 3 on 3 lineup

I was listening to a Flyers podcast where the guys were providing their all-time 3 on 3 lineup (minus Gretzky and Lemieux). Thought this was an interesting discussion but started thinking about who would be on the ultimate Flyers 3 on 3 lineup for me.

I'm going to get back to this, because i want to think about this a little before sharing my lineup, but was wondering what others thought on this board.

• flyerdog
    replied
    Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
    Considering his skillset, Briere should not be overlooked.
    ok gonna update my list:

Lindros, Roenick, Pronger
    Gagne, Desjardins, Briere
    Recchi,Giroux,Provorov
    Jagr,Forsberg,Johnsson

Leave a comment:

• joehockey
    replied
    Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing

Leave a comment:

• bigD
    replied
    and great idea for a discussion while we waited for hockey to resume, lynchmob!

Leave a comment:

• FLexible FLyer
    replied
    Howe / Lindros/ Barber- 1st team.

Desjardans/ Clarke / Propp-2nd team.

Leave a comment:

• phillymac14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• flyerdog
    replied
    Lindros, Roenick, Pronger
    Gagne, Desjardins, Kapanen
    Recchi,Giroux,Provorov
    Jagr,Forsberg,Johnsson
    Last edited by flyerdog; 01-30-2020, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bigD
    replied
    MacLeish could fly, and score, and setup. IMHO, he'd be a superior choice to Lindros for 3v3,

Propp was much more than a clutch playoff player. He has several of the top goal regular seasons and was indeed clutch like Briere come playoff time.

And as much as I loved Leach, Barber would be a much better choice for 3v3

Clarke - Barber - Howe seems the obvious choice
    MacLeish - Propp - Provorov would be slick and deadly

Leave a comment:

• flyers19rw
    replied
    Clarke, Leach and Howe. Leach may be the best pure sniper that the organization has ever had. His chemistry with Clarke was uncanny. Howe could easily work with that pair as the third wheel.
    Last edited by flyers19rw; 01-29-2020, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AIK1891
    replied
    There are a number of stars that I didn’t go with just for the limited spots. 50 goals scorers I didn’t include (Kerr, as explained, and LeClair for basically the same reasoning). I also didn’t have the historic clutch playoff players Propp and Briere, nor the playoff OT heroes who have goals permanently etched in my mind (Primeau, Roenick). So many great players to consider, but simply don’t crack my situational top-3.

It would take more scrutiny to put together also, beyond just a single top-3 unit, a group of three to four 3 on 3 lines to roll throughout like Swami did. That could really go into depth considerations for two-way players as well. For example, would a Bill Clement or Mike Richards be among your “4th line” three-man unit for defensive zone draws against an opponent’s stacked “top line” (e.g. a McDavid-Draisaitl pairing). Maybe the older Jagr still cracks that line-up on its third line because he’s still Jaromir f****ng Jagr.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X