• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogzus
    started a topic GDT: Flyers vs Devils

GDT: Flyers vs Devils

7PM ET

After shutting out the worst team in the east (and the league), the Flyers now should do the same to the second worst. It's a home game to boot, so no excuses.

Philly has finally gotten a tiny bit of help on the scoreboard lately, with the Rags beating Toronto in regulation yesterday, and Carolina losing to St. Louis on Tuesday. Any more help tonight would probably take a major upset, so they had better take care of their own business at hand.

Ghost is back. Interesting to see who he bumps.

Farabee is sick. Andreoff comes in to the fourth line and Raffl moves up to Farabee's spot on the second.

Time for G and JVR to get off the schneid.

• lynchmob450
    replied
    I doubt we'll find out the truth. Ghost and the team will come out and claim that he thought he "felt" something but that all is ok. But the truth could be so many other things.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
    maybe he was told that he was going to be traded? :-)
    I'm very curious about his action and would really like to know what caused him to do that. I'm thinking he tweeked the knee, but maybe there's trade talk from his teammates. Do they LIKE him? If he's not liked by the team much, maybe they're saying things??

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Frost back up.

Leave a comment:

• flyerdog
    replied
    maybe he was told that he was going to be traded? :-)

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer

Ghost just flung his stick from the ice over the glass, and went right off to the locker room.
    Jordan Hall @JHallNBCS

Gostisbehere already out of locker room. We’ll have to ask Alain Vigneault, who might not know anything yet when we ask.
    People questioning if he's hurt...or just being Ghost when realizing that he won't be playing against the Caps.

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    BTW...Patrick's 3rd straight day on the ice with the team. Its baby steps..but moving in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Lines are changing, as per this morning's practice:

Dave Isaac @davegisaac

#Flyers new lines
    Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
    Laughton-Hayes-Konecny
    JvR-Andreoff-Pitlick
    Raffl-Bunnaman-NAK

Provorov-Niskanen
    Sanheim-Myers
    Hägg-Braun

Ghost-Patrick (so I guess Ghost comes back out)
    I fear the change in the forward lines will mean less offence. I hope i'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• flyerdog
    replied
    Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    That was a total.team pathetic effort, not just ghost
    yup...when Jake couldn't score from millimeters away, you knew it was going to be one of those nights...but still...ghost needs to go

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    That was a total.team pathetic effort, not just ghost
    I agree that this performance wasn't all related to Ghost. Elliott looked to be a moose on ice (at least 2 real bad goals). Myers was very bad in allowing Wood to get past him right after the blue line...and was pretty soft on the first goal (if i remember correctly). The PP had as bad a performance as they have had all season (that is saying something, since they have been bad for much of the year). Ghost had a bad play on the SHG by Zacha...amongst other mistakes (this has not been a good season for him...yesterday was on par with what we have seem too many times this season).

I am on board with many other Flyers fans in being ready to move on from Ghost. But at this point, his value can't be any lower than it has been. While he hurts us when he's on the ice, we need him to get on the ice to start playing a little better to allow for us to get $0.50 on the dollar. Not an easy situation for AV,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X