• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dogzus
    started a topic GDT: Flyers @ Capitals

GDT: Flyers @ Capitals

7PM ET

Frost is up. Lots of line shakeups.

Giroux to wing and Coots to 1C to hopefully get the best out of G and Voracek.

Konecny moves to Hayes' line.

Frost gets stuck with JVR, but maybe he and Pitlick can get some pucks and set him up.

Hagg is back and Ghost will either sit or be 7D.

Elliott to start. He needs to be better tonight. At least make a save on the first shot, which hopefully won't be a breakaway this time.

65 points would put the Flyers in third in two other divisions, and first in the Pacific. Sixth in the Metro though, and currently out of a playoff spot.

Who would have believed that the Flyers would have more shootout wins than any other team in the east? Thus hurting their ROW count and losing them an important tie-breaker.

• dogzus
    replied
    Lol. And tonight the Wings beat the Bruins, 3-1. The Flyers do not have a monopoly on this kind of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Vedder
    replied
    It's the way this season has gone. Full roller coaster mode enabled!

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    now i'm even more angry about the devils game
    My feelings as well. Playoff teams bury the Devils in Feb and hang with the Caps.
    We SHOULD have gotten 2 points MINIMUM from the last 2 games, which is what we did, but it was the way it happened. While happy we WHOOPED the Caps, the NJ game is alarming/worrisome.

Leave a comment:

• flyerdog
    replied
    ghost in 5-0 loss to the devils
    ghost out 7-2 vs Caps

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    now i'm even more angry about the devils game

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    So, the terrible effort against the Devils was a ploy to lure the Caps into a trap game?

Nice job by Elliott early in this one. Could have been a totally different game if the Caps had gone up by one or two in the first.

Leave a comment:

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Such an interesting season...keeps catching me off guard. But one constant is the impact of Couts on his linemates. He continues to make them better.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    ummm. worst call of the season? embellishment? wtf...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X