Yo, is this team special?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, is this team special?

Just kinda hit me in the 3rd period against the caps like.... we are just the better team. Caps knew it too. The past 5 years we might win a big game but it was because of puck luck or a never-say-die attitude. Now we just look like when we win its because we're better at hockey.

AND there's a diverse blend of personalities. There's always been love in the room but Hayes/AV have helped the team be a little looser during the game too. Fans better start buying up the season tickets cuz our renaissance has finally arrived. Really really excited to see what they can do in the playoffs.

AV has them playing with such beautiful cohesiveness. Passes are received with momentum. The forwards in the DZ space themselves so they work together to exit the zone with posssession, whether it takes 1 pass or 5. Teammates are actually TRYING TO GET OPEN when their teammate has the puck. And when the F1 does forecheck hard he rotates out quickly knowing his f2 is gonna rotate in, and his f2 knows he'll rotate out quickly.

There's no standing around, no uncertainty, and no worrying about mistakes. And half the team hasn't reached their ceiling.

finally fun to watch the Flyers again! Hakstol's teams never played together this well.

Comment

Man oh man...in my eyes there is something going on over here. I just don't want to overthink this and cause it to stop being part of my reality. So I'll just say that there is more work to be done before we use the word "SPECIAL".

Comment

Special tag means you have actually done something. They have potential tonbe special, but they have a mountain to.climb to earn the tag.

Comment

they are finally gelling and playing the kind of game AV wants them to...still early to call them special but i think they can make some noise in the PO's

Comment

Even last year's version of the team managed an eight-game win streak. But I like the depth better now. The young guys are playing at a consistently higher level. With both Elliott and Hart healthy the goalie situation is a real big bonus right now compared to past years.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
              Even last year's version of the team managed an eight-game win streak. But I like the depth better now. The young guys are playing at a consistently higher level. With both Elliott and Hart healthy the goalie situation is a real big bonus right now compared to past years.
              Thats what I mean though...we had a 10-game winning streak and missed the playoffs. But we knew when we looked at the team that it was luck, or giroux/couts were popping off. We look different now. We look like a great team that can play their normal game and expect to win.

Comment

Why not Flyers......see STL
                ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

So what is our throw back song? The Hooters And We Danced?

Comment

Seriously, our window starts today. Calling it. It's finally here.

I don't think we're in the elite category yet, but I think we could make the ECF for sure. We could definitely win two 7-game series against metro opponents.

Good news is the internal growth is driving most of our improvement, there's still more internal growth to come, and we aren't asset-bare. Our defense and goaltending core is young, and we can reasonably expect that frost/farabaee/patrick/tk/lindblom will eventually replace voracek/giroux/jvr's scoring. AV just started so coaching should be non-tumultuous for a while, and he's not the laviolette burn-out type. If CF continues his level-headed decisionmaking and navigates the cap as g/jake/jvr fall off, we are looking at a 6+ year window. Couts is 27 right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X